On Wednesday an outbreak of fire occurred at the house of Mrs Jones, Dumfries Street, Treherbert, but was speedily extinguished. Two children in the house at the time escaped unhurt, thanks to the prompt action taken by the neighbours.
Treherbert. In the early hours of Monday morning, an outbreak of fire was discovered in the chess room of the New Conservative Club, Treherbert. A Taff Vale Railway employee, named W. Phillips, who passed by while the hour of five was approaching, saw a column of smoke issuing from the …
Photo taken after a fire in 1912, date unknown.
WOUNDING AT BLAENCWM. DANGEROUS ASSAULT BY A LAD. At Ystrad Police Court on Monday (before the Stipendiary) Richard Tinsley, a lad, was charged on remand with wounding. The evidence of Mr Warburton, surgeon, was given last week. Richard Jenkins, smith, Blaencwm, said on the 3rd of August, about four o’clock …
On Wednesday morning much excitement was created in the above neighbourhood by an alarm of fire at the shop of Mr. David Davies, grocer. It seemed that the soot in one of the chimneys caught fire, and the fire ignited some of the timber of the roof projecting into the …
TREHERBERT. FIRE. A good deal of excitement was caused at Treherbert by the report that a fire had taken place at a dwelling-house occupied by Mrs. Jones, in a row at Treherbert, on the 26th. It appears that one of the mountain straw beds was placed on the floor in …